Goals of the School of Whitewater Paddling
Provide participants an opportunity to:
- Have fun!
- Recognize river hazards and options for dealing with them
- Improve fundamental paddling skills:
- Use of Boat hull shape
- Basic body mechanics
- Paddling strokes for power and turning
- Coordination and fluidity
- Refine strokes and develop efficient maneuvers on flatwater
- Use ferries and eddy turns when moving downstream to improve river reading
Arkansas Canoe Club Instructors use American Canoe Association
course outlines to help you improve existing skills, practice new skills, and expand your knowledge of the river. Small classes of compatible participants allow Instructors to teach to your needs.